Come work with The Pyjama Foundation!
The Pyjama Foundation provides children in foster care the opportunity to change the direction of their lives with learning, life skills and confidence. We recruit, screen, train and support volunteers (learning mentors) who are matched with a child in care, spending time with them once a week, focusing on learning-based activities.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced individual to join our team, based in Brisbane, in a full time capacity.
We are offering a competitive salary of between $49,000 to $55,000 dependent on skills and abilities, with a broad range of employee benefits available, including salary packaging options that can add further value to annual salaries, depending on individual tax circumstances.
If you are a professional and motivated individual with proven experience as per the position description, please apply by submitting your resume and a statement addressing the selection criteria (Skills & Experience) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Title: Program and Database Support
Supervisor/Manager: National Volunteer Manager and Placement Coordinator
- Ensure data integrity by assisting in the clean-up, de-duplication and maintenance of data in the database.
- Use data to support best practice reporting.
- Ensure understanding of database management systems including back–up procedures.
- Assist in the development of user guides, policies and procedures to support training, learning and staff compliance.
- Assist in communicating with relevant stakeholders, including ensuring mass email outs are completed within the directed time frame.
- Keeping in contact with Pyjama Angels by email and telephone as directed.
- Providing support to Pyjama Angels where necessary.
- Collaborate with the admin team to ensure successful campaigns, calendar management and process flows.
- Assist with The Pyjama Foundation’s compliance by ensuring unsubscribed emails and communication preferences are maintained for all stakeholders.
- Assist with the end-to-end processes, including entering and managing data within the organisations database and associated programs.
- Maintain communication with all staff and request support when necessary.
- Responsible for health and safety procedures, hazard reporting and safe working practices.
- All general office duties including answering the telephone – being the first point of contact for the Foundation, email, filing and database entry as per established processes.
- Other duties as delegated to you by your manager/supervisor, provided that those new job requirements are safe, efficient, relevant, legal and within your abilities.
- Foster a co-operative and harmonious relationship with staff and external stakeholders.
- At all times perform duties and interact with team members and external stakeholders in accordance with the mission and values of The Pyjama Foundation.
- Participate in performance appraisal activities relevant to the role.
- Actively participate in training activities.
- Actively participate in quality improvement activities relevant to the role.
- Work within and promote the organisations workplace health and safety policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Documentation and safe record keeping of all data and case notes, ensuring confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- Identifying and escalating any issues/gaps in the database and providing solutions where able.
Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrated working application in database (CRM) systems including end to end processes, with Salesforce experience preferred but not a requirement.
- Demonstrated empathy and understanding of the issues faced by children and carers within the out of home care system.
- Demonstrated interest and enthusiasm in increasing the literacy skills, numeracy skills and self-esteem of children in care.
- A proactive approach to managing work in a complex environment, with excellent self-management and other organisational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Organised and able to meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail and pursues quality in accomplishing tasks.
- Computer proficiency and ability to work with several operating systems.
- Demonstrated understanding of risk analysis and/or risk management.
- Ability to learn and assist with implementing technologies and systems that will improve system proficiency
To submit your application addressing the selection criteria, please email admin@thepyjamafoundation, or if you have any further questions please call 07 3256 8802.
Note: Within this role you may come into contact with children. The suitable applicant, as a prerequisite, will need to have or be eligible to apply for, Blue Card (working with children card). This involves a national criminal history check and review of findings of workplace misconduct.