Was there a visit/moment where you noticed how special your relationship was or how big an impact you’re making?
Upon attending The Pyjama Foundation events with the family, Amy noticed a major change in her relationship with Miss H. that saw her as a safe and fun new family member that Miss H. could trust.
At one event in particular, Pyjama Party at Movie World, Amy guarded Miss H. from the “evil Tweety Bird” that she was petrified from.
“She saw that I could be her magical big person that would be there with her carer to protect her,” Amy told us.
From then on, their relationship blossomed!
Amy has shared so many firsts with Miss H. such as:
- driving her first dodgem car
- going on her first ride
- holding her first chicken at a petting zoo
- seeing her first wild dolphins (even though she will tell you they were sharks)
- first time overcoming her fears of things
- first times baking/ cooking
- trying some foods for the first time
- seeing and learning about new things on our trips out like boats, the ocean, birds and many other things that she’s not usually exposed to in day-to-day life.
“Sometimes you feel like you take two steps forward and three steps back, but that’s what comes with working with a child.
“As I see her grow week on week, and the months and now years go by, it is crazy to think how far we’ve come and I’m excited to see what the future holds.
“Being a Pyjama Angel is by far the best way I spend my time, in every way.”
If you are interested in becoming a Pyjama Angel, please visit this page.