Research and Evaluation Manager
We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced individual to join our team, based in Brisbane. This is a full time position with a fixed two year contract.
If you are a professional and motivated individual with proven experience in research and program evaluation, please apply by submitting your resume and a statement addressing the selection criteria (skills, experience and role suitability) of no more than two pages to email@example.com.
Applications close at 5:00 pm on Thursday 9th January 2020.
To enquire about this role, please email admin@thepyjamafoundation, or telephone (07) 3256 8802.
Note: Within this role you may come into contact with children. The suitable applicant, as a prerequisite, will need to have or be eligible to apply for, Blue Card (working with children card). This involves a national criminal history check and review of findings of workplace misconduct.
- Develop, plan and implement evaluation initiatives.
- Work with program managers to ensure tangible measurable outcomes are embedded into planning and monitoring activity.
- Work with teams across the organisation to build evaluation capacity, embedding evaluation methods in programs and activities.
- Develop, implement and monitor internal KPI’s that measure our impact, with a focus on ensuring no exceptions/risks in internal policies and procedures across our regions.
- Undertake review to support evidence based practice in the planning and delivery of programs and service planning across the organisation.
- Assist with qualitative and quantitative analysis of research data.
- Contribute to the development and execution of research projects from inception to completion.
- Creation of research reports and communication of findings including contribution to peer reviewed publications where appropriate.
Data Management and Collection:
- Assist with the overall management, collection and integrity of The Pyjama Foundation’s Data.
- Data analysis, translation and reporting
- Ability to create, conduct and follow up surveys to contribute to the organisation’s minimum dataset and other research and evaluation activities.
- Reports supported by research to contribute to strong grant application.
Stakeholder Engagement and Relationship Management:
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships, ongoing communication and successful negotiations with key stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Support the implementation of education and training to build the skills of employed staff and volunteers (where applicable) including conducting evaluation in line with organisational evaluation framework (to be established).
- Responsibility for health and safety procedures, hazard reporting and safe working practices.
- Meet regularly with Head Office as a team to plan and monitor any queries, processes and policies.
- Other duties as delegated to you by your manager/supervisor, provided that those new job requirements are safe, efficient, relevant, legal and within your abilities.
- Grant applications and acquittals.
- Contributing to the planning and implementation of the database.
- Foster a co-operative and harmonious relationship with staff and external stakeholders.
- At all times perform duties and interact with team members and external stakeholders in accordance with the mission and values of The Pyjama Foundation.
- Participate in performance appraisal activities relevant to the role.
- Actively participate in training activities.
- Actively participate in quality improvement activities relevant to the role.
- Work within and promote the organisation’s workplace health and safety policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Documentation and safe record keeping of all data and case notes, ensuring confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion and diplomacy at all times.
Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated interest and enthusiasm in increasing the literacy skills and self esteem of children in care.
- Demonstrated empathy and understanding of the issues faced by children and carers within the out of home care system.
- A key understanding of program evaluation logic, within education, child safety and out of home care or not for profit context.
- Tertiary qualifications in evaluation, education discipline, or equivalent experience in research, evaluation and data interpretation.
- Formal training or a sound working knowledge of research and evaluation methods and substantial experience and demonstrated ability in data collection, extraction, analysis, interpretation, presentation and reporting, particularly of large and complex data sets.
- Project management skills.
- A proactive approach to managing work in a complex environment, with excellent self-management and other organisational skills.
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to prepare complex briefs and reports using clear, concise and grammatically correct language to achieve the purpose and meet audience needs.
- Skills and experience in research, including the design, organisation, collection, management and preliminary analysis of research projects.
- Successful applicants must have or be able to obtain a Blue Card.
- Organised and able to meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail and pursue quality in accomplishing tasks.
- Computer proficiency and ability to work with several operating systems.
- Understanding and experience of volunteer attraction and recruitment strategies.
- Well developed interpersonal skills with an ability to liaise with a broad range of people.
- Ability to undertake public speaking and facilitation.
- Establish an evaluation framework for the Love of Learning Program which includes the short and long term outcomes for children in care, relating to key areas such as the following:
- Literacy skills
- Numeracy skills
- Self-efficacy and resilience
- School level achieved and ability to enter further education.
- Work readiness
- Provide evidence of the success and outcomes of the Love of Learning Program.
- Use research to identify any gaps in our reporting or current processes including implementing any solutions.
- Implement a measurement around brain health screening and neuroplasticity intervention.
- Completing and providing quarterly feedback to Government.
- Implement a dashboard to report regionally and nationally on KPI’s that measure our impact.
Delegation of Authority:
Delegate tasks to other staff members and volunteers who report directly to you and assist you to undertake your role and responsibilities.